Seax - Essex Archives Online
From the Essex Record Office
Essex County Council Logo
Go

D/P 246

COLCHESTER, Christ Church with St Mary-at-the-Walls


Repository:Essex Record Office
Level: CategoryParish Records
Level: FondsCOLCHESTER, Christ Church with St Mary-at-the-Walls
Reference Code:D/P 246
Title:COLCHESTER, Christ Church with St Mary-at-the-Walls
Admin History:This parish was renamed Christ Church with St Mary-at-the-Walls in 1978, when the old Church of St Mary was declared redundant. The church was later converted for secular use. The present parish church, Christ Church in Ireton Road, was built in 1978, replacing the old corrugated iron building, of the same name and on the same site, which had served the parish as a district church from 1903. It would appear that no separate registers of baptisms and marriages were kept for Christ Church before 1978. The church has no burial ground.

This document has been indexed. The indexes are listed below.
Index TypeIndex TermsDescription
Institutions Parish of Colchester, Christ Church with St Mary-at-the-Walls Parish records



Document Details Browse Catalogue